Top 25 Topics For A Persuasive Essay About Illegal Immigration
Illegal migration or the movement of people across national borders without any proper document, is considered as a serious crime by many countries. Today there are lot of illegal immigrants in most of the countries, even rich countries like USA. The belief of the migrants that they can get better living standard in another country increases the amount of illegal migrants today.
Persuasive essay on illegal immigration
Persuasive essay is a piece of writing which try to convince the reader about any of the author’s idea. Every persuasive essay will try to justify the author’s idea by presenting specific evidence supporting it. Proper researching is very important when writing persuasive essay. Illegal immigration being a hot topics with a lot to talk on is a perfect topic for a persuasive essay. Here are the best 25 topics you can consider for a persuasive essay on illegal immigration
- The increase in illegal immigration is due to poverty.
- The strict rules against illegal immigration is sometimes irrelevant.
- Slavery is associated with illegal immigration.
- Prostitution is associated with illegal immigration.
- Illegal immigration can promote terrorism.
- Illegally immigrated kids should be given citizenship.
- Border rules in countries like USA is irrelevant.
- The death of illegal immigrants is increasing.
- The only way to stop illegal immigration is to make changes in rules.
- Rehabilitation facilities should be given to old illegal immigrants.
- Proper border security can stop illegal immigrations.
- Refugees should be considered legal rather than illegal immigrants.
- Access to public system should be given to kids of illegal migrants.
- A system should be developed to send back illegal immigrants.
- The cost of immigration should be reduced in order to reduce illegal immigrations.
- Document checking should be made strict for employees.
- Companies should possess all important immigration documents of their employees.
- There should be special council to take decision on illegal immigration cases.
- Civil wars are the main reason for increased illegal immigrations.
- Government or the UN should provide enough facilities for citizens of countries facing war’s to stop them from choosing to immigrate illegally.
- Illegal immigration is high in rich countries.
- Illegal immigrants may cause danger to their life.
- There are people stuck as illegal migrants as someone cheats them.
- All people born on national territory should be given citizenship.
- Refugees escaped from war or repression should not be considered an illegal migrant.
The pros and cons of illegal migration
Illegal immigration is a sensitive matter that needs considerable attention and discussion to many countries especially those that are economically stable. Immigration is an action of moving to another country where one was not a prior citizen by birth then using that country as a place of permanent dwelling. There are some reasons which justify and condemn illegal immigration which I will endeavor to discuss below.
The pros of illegal migration
Firstly, there are overall benefits to the citizens of the country such that the employers will be able to hire workforce at a lower wage rate hence easily manipulating the illegal immigrants which they could not be able to do in the case of the citizens of the home country. People can easily outsource for manual help in doing tasks which they may be unwilling to carry out themselves from the illegal immigrants at a cheaper cost than when seeking help from a professional who is registered as a legal citizen of the country.
Secondly, illegal immigrants have the mindset to work their way up so that they may be able to improve their individual lives as well as their families’ back in their home country. As such, it is excusable to allow them as long as they do not commit other crimes in the process since anyone undergoing financial difficulties would consider relocating to another country with more opportunities for living a comfortable life and improving the lives of close family members as well.
Furthermore, in conducting the search of illegal immigrants and deportation to their home countries may discriminate against other legal residents of the country. As such, law enforcers might question civilians based on prejudice only because they have a foreign accent hence concluding that they are illegal immigrants. The notion is bias since being a legal immigrant in a country does not necessarily imply that one should not have a different cultural background as expressed in the manner of speech, dress on demeanor.
The cons for illegal migration
On the flip side, illegal immigrants tend to take most of available job opportunities in the job market leaving some citizens unemployed. As such, their willingness to work at lower wage rates is the main reason for unemployment of the citizens of the same country. The employers are held responsible by the government to pay the minimum wage to the citizens of the country, but when the opportunity appears to lower it when they employ illegal immigrants; they take it as a way of reducing their operation cost and maximizing their profits as well.
Additionally, illegal immigrants also tend to commit other crimes as they are not aware of the other prevailing laws of the country which they seek residence. Since they enter the country illegally, they may be motivated to conduct crime related activities such as drug and narcotic trafficking across the border. These offenses are met with an equal force of the law which might also escalate to acts of terror meant to intimidate law enforcement and the citizens of the country.
Lastly, as illegal immigrants continue to cross the borders, the result is a population influx making the established systems unable to handle comfortably the emergencies as well as a quick depletion of the available resources due to the unexpected competition. In the meantime, there grows resentment and overall frustration of the citizens of the country who feel aggrieved since they pay taxes yet cannot access the much needed public services.