10 Political Science Research Paper Ideas to Start with
Choosing a research paper topic can be the most difficult part of the process. Finding one you’re interested can make the whole process of research and writing much more enjoyable. Political Science can be a particularly difficult subject to choose a topic for because there are so many possibilities. From philosophies dating back centuries that underlie modern political systems, to current events, to theoretical explorations of aspects of political systems, there are thousands of possible topics.
When writing a political science research paper, you should focus in on a specific topic and time period, then ask a question about it. This can examine how one factor influences another, now whether an aspect of the topic has positive or negative effects, or how the topic might be different if some aspect of it were changed. It is easy to produce a research paper that is essentially as list of facts, but an excellent research paper will include some deeper analysis that enhances the readers’ understanding.
But if you’re having a hard time getting started, here’s a list of possible topic to help--
- In what ways have the Citizens United Supreme Court case affected local, state, and national elections in the United States?
- What role does architecture play in conveying democratic ideals in the United States Supreme Court and Congress?
- How will the fact that a large proportion of the population of the Middle East is under 30 years old impact the political relationship between the US and the region in the future?
- How has technology affected the voting process?
- What role did technology play in the difference in speed between the civil rights movement and the marriage equality movement in the United States?
- Is the nuclear triad an outdated Cold War policy?
- How have expectations of diversity influenced the Supreme Court nomination process?
- How might the process of drafting the constitution have been different with modern technology?
- Should the United States be focused on pursuing regional or global trade agreements?
- How will the United States’ role in the World Trade Organization impact its role in global climate change negotiations?
As with any paper, using examples of topic can be a great help. Not only can these suggestions be used on their own, but you can modify them to meet your needs or interests.
Political Science Topics For Essay Writing
When you are asked to take a political science class, you probably think that it is a waste of time and that it isn’t something that you will use in the real world. But political science helps you get a better understanding of how the government works and politics that are used in the government. As an American citizen this can help you understand why the government does what it does and why they don’t do other things. This understanding of the way things work will help you with voting and understanding bills that are passed in the government. Now that you know there is some importance to political science, I going to give you some general topics that you can use for you political science essay.
General Political Science Topics
Keep in mind that the topics that I am about to give you are general topics that you can use to get ideas for you essay. You can start by picking on of my topics and start your research to narrow down your specific topic and thesis of your essay.
- Social Security: Social Security has been a hot topic lately because of the government want to cut their budget and leave many seniors with very little money to live on.
- Welfare: Welfare is another hot topic that has been in the news lately, with budget cuts and them requiring more information about savings and assets, which makes it harder for some people to get the temporary help they need, while others use the system to collect it without even trying to find a job.
- Campaigns, Elections, and Politician: Each one of these topics can be used alone or together in your essay. You can focus on one person for these topics or study them in general.
- U.S. Federal, State or Local Politics: Choosing politics for one of these agencies will give you enough research for you essay and once you start that research you will be able to figure out what your main focus will be in your essay.
- Government Agencies: Picking a specific government agency is a great topic for your essay. Once you pick an agency that you like, you can outline what they do and how the help others through this agency.
- U.S. Military: With government spending at an all time high for the military, you can choose a branch of the military and study what they do and what that money is spent on.
Looking for custom essay writing service? Visit our site - 24/7.